annual wellness exams
Depending on the individual pet’s needs and requirements, the Trenant Park Pet Clinic recommends an annual physical every 6-12 months. During these examinations our Veterinarians examine the following:
- Body condition score/Muscle condition score: This is to ensure your pet is at a healthy weight and body conformation.
- Eyes and ears (clean and clear), without irritation or debris.
- Teeth and gums: The gums are pink and healthy, the teeth are clean and undamaged, and no growths or masses are evaluated.
- Lymph node size.
- Heart and lungs: Listening for abnormal heart sounds or rhythms and making sure the airway and lungs are free of crackles, or abnormal sounds.
- Skin and fur: Assessing for coat quality, checking for any growths on the body, or any ectoparasites.
- Abdomen: Evaluating the shapes and sizes of the organs and ensuring there is no discomfort.
- Muscles and joints: Assessing range of motion, flexibility and any potential discomfort.